Monday, December 14, 2009

Curses! Advent Update

Once again, my weekend Christmas plans were rudely disrupted by the weather. Sunday rained and rained and rained... I don't like walking around wet and cold, so I've postponed my Zoolights excursion. Not only that, but once we'd picked out the "perfect" (and my family always looks out for character as part of perfection) tree, we looked around the Christmas-y things on sale at the garden center, and stopped briefly to pick up lunch on the way home. Thus, the tree was by no means dry - in fact, it was too wet to contemplate stringing electrical lights on the damp branches. So instead of giggling and laughing and getting sticky everywhere while reaching around and hugging the tree did not happen - and my mom has plans to light and decorate the tree herself. :( Ah well.

In any case, I did bake cookies yesterday and last night. Mostly I played sous chef to my sister's master baker, but we had fun.

Tonight is a chores night (i.e. laundry) so it's not certain I'll get around to doing more than listening to holiday music, unless Netflix obligingly sends me The Christmas Carol, in which case I'll watch another holiday movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment