Friday, March 13, 2009

Goshdarn Heater.

I would use stronger language but I try not to these days. You can be sure I used stronger language last night, when I found out my heater died on me. ONE MONTH EARLY. And I mean that only in the sense that there's still about a month of 50 degree weather left here (thank god I don't live in a colder locale). It lasted about oh, three, four months tops. Ridiculous. Absofrickinlootely ridiculous.

It took me awhile to find the information pamphlets, because I hadn't included them in my handy new filing system (it's a glorified box). When I did, I discovered that the warranty lasts a generous 3 years (and mine broke in three months, why?). Sure, that sounds great. But in order to use the warranty I have to not have "abused" the product - and who says what was outside normal usage, anyway? Not only that, I have to ship it to Tennessee, I believe. On my own dime. The think is at least a foot tall and half a foot wide. It's not heavy, but for shipping purposes I certainly wouldn't call it light. FURTHERMORE it's up to ME to provide return shipping and handling, etc, at about $10-$15 which should be included in the shipping, from what I understand.

And for those who told me not to research, just to go to Target to pick up a cheap one... after all my research, I went to Target. I didn't buy the cheapest one because I thought (obviously incorrectly) that if I bought a mid-range heater it might last longer than the cheapest. I dont' know how long the cheapest ones last, but if it's proportionate to the money spent on it, they shouldn't even be making them. Not that they should have made this one, either.

I'm never buying a Honeywell product again. Fool me once... why should I make the same mistake again, thinking I'm getting a quality product when really it's a Piece.Of.Junk.

So I have four or so more weeks of 50 degree weather - INDOORS - to look forward to. Forgive me if I'm grumpy all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment