Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The One Disadvantage to Vacation

Well, now that I think of it, there are actually at least two - when one is a sports fan whose team has gone to the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
The original thought I had relates to food. Having two days in between trips (any combination of business and vacation you prefer) really doesn't leave enough time for grocery shopping. Not that there's much to buy when one is away again for four days. The problem here can be summed up with one question: What do I eat?
Last month was a pretty frugal month for me, for which I pat myself on the back. Even though I didn't spend much while I was on vacation, and May is not even two weeks old, this month I appear to be reverting to my old pattern of going out to eat too frequently. Throw in a couple hockey games, a few meetings with friends, and self-defense classes and before I know it, it will be the weekend and I haven't eaten at home once in a whole week.
Which leaves me with coffee, donuts and the occasional sandwhich during the day, in an effort to save some cash.
The Capitals forced Game 7 last night!!! Which is very exciting and thrilling and anxiety-producing all at once (they MUST defeat the Penguins again tomorrow night)... and also means one more night without time to grocery shop and one more meal out.
But hey, for Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Semi-finals, I'm definitely not going to complain. I might have mentioned this before, but I'm a little addicted. So much so in fact, that I cancelled a previous engagement for Wednesday, in order to watch... ahem. GO CAPS!!!

1 comment: