Saturday, July 25, 2009

Green Furniture Update

Success! Just proved the old adage that begins "If at first you don't succeed..."

On a whim, and because I was in "furniture-buying" mode, I decided to go to the local antiques store, just on the off-chance I might find a table/sofa/chairs that I liked. Well, I did! I found a 19th century primitive country table - made to last 200 years, I suppose. Though scratched and beat up, it's still in excellent shape. At any rate, I can't afford it. What I could afford, however, were two 50s diner-style chairs from Royal Manufacturing Co. They're teal green with light yellow upholstered seats, metal frame with vertical slats in the back - and surprisingly comfy! Definitely an impulse buy - they're not going to "go" with any of my (admittedly few pieces of) other furniture.

I can't find any images online that even remotely resemble the chairs I bought today, but the next time someone comes over with a digital camera I'll have them take photos to put up.

No comments:

Post a Comment