Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Wherein the Author Gets Back on the Proverbial Horse After A Month of Unexcused Absence

So it's been about a month since my last entry. Not that I've really done anything noteworthy in that time, but there's always something to write about, right?

In a few quick sentences, the skinny on the past month of my life:

1. I moved out of my shared apartment into my very own place. Still haven't unpacked most of the boxes, but at least I've got organized closets!!

2. I've been skipping Krav Maga lately so my triceps and quads have lost much of their muscle-tone (though there wasn't much there to begin with...). This is disappointing, especially as I'm about to spend a week virtually living in a swimsuit of one kind or another (more on that later).

3. The reason my boxes are still unpacked: for the last five weeks I've been studying and taking classes all day every Saturday to be a bartender. Last Saturday, on the Fourth of July, I passed the written test and the speed test, and am now officially a certified bartender! Next step, real bartending job.

4. I've been (sort of) getting ready for a badly-needed week's vacation in Utah. Will be canoeing and camping on a river there. Hence the aforementioned swimsuits. Backwoods-type camping, so no showers, no toilets ... it will definitely be an interesting, adventurous trip. Oh, and it's the desert, so we'll have to watch out for scorpions - YIKES. Aside from those ugly little details, I'm looking forward to a week of sun, water, and fun.

Well, that's about it! I'm sure I'll have tons of fun stories to tell when I return... check in in a week or so.


P.S. the fingers have more or less healed... more on one finger, less on the other... I'm not actively worrying about the extra swelling around the latter... well, I'm sure I can spare you the gritty details.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray!
    Congrats on moving out. How does it feel? I bet it feels amazing.

    Also, congrats on your bartending certificate. I can honestly say I'm impressed. I would never be able to tend bar in a million years.

    As for the Utah vacation, I can not wait! And don't worry about the scorpions. We've never actually seen one. Just remember to keep your tent zipped closed.
    -Ty

    ReplyDelete