Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Yahoo! Pipes!

If you look closely, you might find a new item on my page down at the bottom right, just above my usually-inane Tweets. Check it out!

One of the many things I thought I'd never do but find myself doing in this Masters of Information program, is designing/developing a Yahoo! Pipe. Turns out it's one thing I really enjoy. But I guess that's not surprising, given how much I enjoy other Web 2.0 apps like blogging, Twitter, Facebook, etc. If you're not familiar with the idea, it allows you to connect websites, images, RSS feeds, maps, and much more, in a mash-up format. Mine's a plain old list, right now. I'm still learning the basics, but have definitely enjoyed putting the first one together, which is mainly about fashion, one of my extracurricular interests.

So. Have a look at the Pipe, tell me what you think... especially if you know how to add the results of a Google image search!

No comments:

Post a Comment