Saturday, February 5, 2011

Best. Saturday. Lunch. EVAR!

I might have mentioned I'm on a party-planning subcommittee for the Toronto St Andrews Alumni Club. If I haven't, consider it mentioned.

I'm still thinking it might have been a rash decision, but I'm sure it was also a "right" decision. As in, the right decision. Not only do I get to experience the ins and outs of planning a black-tie affair, but I get to go to said black-tie affair, and it turns out I get to attend free Saturday lunches - with menus that include white wine (who else loves pairing white wine and lunch? Raise your hand.), quiche lorraine, turkey t-something-French (made of ground turkey and what tasted like cloves, in pie pastry. mmmmm), salad, beets, fruit and shortbread. Being a grad student, I never eat as well as this! So I told my hosts I'd be happy to make it a weekly event. (Yes, I was joking).

It turns out that I'm responsible for online ticketing liaising, and I get to attend meetings with the hotel's (the black-tie affair is being held at the Royal York) party planning representative, among no doubt various other little things.

The catch? I also have to write four papers in the next two weeks. Ask me how many of those I've started. Wait. Don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment