Friday, February 11, 2011

Don't Ask Me to Juggle

By now you know all about my extra-curricular activities, which mostly involve volunteering at fun places, and you're quite possibly also aware that I really am gaining valuable (and fun!) learning and work experience while volunteering.

I'm enjoying those activities (and the soccer games and swim appointments) so much, in fact, that I would much rather concentrate on them, than on my schooling. Which is when I start barely-catching that blue-colored ball that has "essays" written all over it. If I hadn't already decided that I'm in school for more than the marks I receive on essays and exams, I'd be feeling pretty low right about now. For the first time in my life (yes, I've been privileged) I'm paying my own insanely expensive tuition fees, and to not be taking advantage of all the, err, advantages of being at school, well... you can see where I'm going.

So it's a good thing I'm also doing my best to make connections, to network, and to build up my work experience. By juggling the bright, orange and green balls labeled "Hart House Library" and "event planning." Also known as procrastination. Which is, in fact, what I'm doing right now, instead of pulling together my notes for one of the two essays due on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment