Monday, December 8, 2008

On Drinking Water

Bottled water? Only until I buy a Kleen Kanteen or SIGG water bottle...

Filtered water? Well, I didn't drink it because the filter never gets changed in time, and they only filter out certain contaminants, not everything.

Tap water? Currently my water of choice, though I believe that will change... Generally, the standards for tap water are more strictly designed and enforced than bottled water, but I suppose the exception occasionally proves the rule. Thank you, Washington Aqueduct, for making tap water in DC and Northern Virginia the exception.

I think it's about time we changed the filter on our Brita pitcher.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Stacey!

    Interesting fact no 1:

    it takes more than 1 bottle of water to produce a bottle of water.

    Interesting fact no 2:

    at current oil prices, a bottle of water is more expensive than a bottle of oil.

    Found your blof through facebook! Hope you're having a good time in DC.

    Ebba

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ebba!! It's great to hear from you.

    Wow. I know oil has become extremely cheap, but cheaper than a bottle of water!

    Hopefully before the month is out I will have a Sigg or Kleen Kanteen so I can break the bottled water habit for good.

    Thanks for the very interesting facts!

    Have a nice holiday in Europe.

    ReplyDelete