Wednesday, April 29, 2009

American Association of Museums Meets in Philadelphia

Well, I'm off to Philly tomorrow for a professional conference, where I expect to be busy most of every day taking seminars, listening to intelligent people speak, and taking notes. I'm quite excited about it, except for the usual travelling jitters (must make sure to pack Everything, unless it's easily purchased at a drug store anywhere in the country, MUST leave in time to make the train, cross my fingers the tickets are correct...) I'm feeling quite excited. The weather promises to be less than stellar, but L.A. next week is going to make up for that, I'm sure.

Because I'm not sure I'll be able to post from Philly (I know, who travels without a laptop these days?! - Besides me, of course) most of the weekend will constitute me listening to seminars and taking notes (per the above mention) and of course meeting people in the museum field, and going to meals when I have the time. On Monday, I'll be taking an inside tour of Pennsbury manor that promises to be very interesting, with a behind-the-scenes aspect and a light lunch with staff and other guests. Very excited about that one, for sure.

Now I just need to dust off my networking skills, and finish my check-off list. Here's hoping I learn very interesting things and meet many interesting people.

Did I mention I'm taking the train? So very excited about that, even though it does add jitters. I like trains. No baggage fees, greater baggage allowances, more leg and elbow room... snack cars! Big windows...

No comments:

Post a Comment