Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter/Passover/Zombie Jesus Day

Happy Easter, to those who celebrate it, Happy Passover to others... and Happy Everything-else to everone else (including just another Sunday).

I realize I haven't posted in AGES, but hope anyone who regularly checks this hasn't been too disappointed - there's been much craziness and upheaval in my life recently. I.e. Looking for a new job, a new apartment, and picking up a new hobby (krav maga).

I spent this weekend being amazingly busy, what with resume-updating, helping my mom shop for outfits for her upcoming trip to New Orleans (must remember to cat-sit), and doing more Eastery things than I'd supposed we would.

Shopping was a great success, I wish she felt comfortable in dresses because I think she can rock them, but we got her a very summery chunky wooden-circles necklace, a linen shirt with frogs down the front instead of buttons, and some very comfy-looking cropped trousers.

Easter, not surprisingly, started at church, where my mom volunteers to help with the coffee between services (oh right! volunteering... need to pick that up again, too). In an effort to reduce their waste, the church has begun using real ceramic mugs for coffee instead of styrofoam or paper, as they used to. To accommodate quick turn-over of mug usage, they purchased a sanitizer, which I imagine are common among the food industry (and very expensive, from what I hear). It looks a bit like a steam-filled cross between a dishwasher and an oven, and can sanitize a rack of mugs in minutes. Faster than I could replace them out front, at any rate.

Since the music for the later Easter service consisted of young children singing the Beatles' "Imagine", and we were both in the mood for something more mature, we went straight to Easter brunch, a gathering of old friends and neighbors, and a crowd of very interesting people.

1 comment:

  1. I find the concept of Easter starting at church rather surprising, though that may just be due to my personal distaste for the holiday.

    ReplyDelete