Monday, April 27, 2009

Fashion For Everyone and Sandwich Bags for All Time

I finally started going through my old emails, most of which are the subscription type (newspapers, fashion deals, etc) and I found two fascinating articles.

The first article, about the show What Not To Wear, which I occasionally enjoy watching, describes the tactics used by the hosts of the show, and defines the goal of the show. One of the reasons I enjoy watching it is how harsh they can be about their subjects' pre-makeover wardrobes. The other reason is the more obvious - they point out really great tips for looking good (not just stylish) whatever one's size or shape, or style preference. The article interviews one of the hosts, Stacy London, who, among other things, believes that style is confidence-boosting.

The second article contains no advice at all - it simply describes a new product that I Must-Have. Seriously. The idea is so genius that it's waiting for a patent, according to the article. Really, it says it all. All I'll write here is that the product is an innovation on packing lunches. I'll say it again. Genius.

On a final, unrelated note, the Washington Capitals forced Game 7 against the New York Rangers!! I'll be skipping Krav class on Tuesday to watch it, most likely.... Here's hoping Henrik The King falters again, and the Caps defense keeps up the pressure. Also, good luck Varly.

No comments:

Post a Comment