Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day-to-Day Update: I've Landed in Toronto!

Contrary to what the title suggests, I drove to Toronto. Road trip! Love them. It took all day, and we stopped in Niagara Falls, Canada, before we found our bed and breakfast in downtown Toronto.

The past few days I've been apartment-hunting, walking, drinking coffee, taking the subway, meeting people, and going to orientations. I've also been doing all the important "administrative" things that are necessary for living in another country. And re-discovering the complications of being a foreign resident. Sigh.

I'm a little terrified of grad school. (Can one be a little terrified? Or, if terrified, is that only an extreme?) It all looks very exciting, but the responsibilities of being a "junior colleague" to my professors and advisors is intimidating.

This morning, I registered with my faculty, and while on the steps to the front door (which usually requires a university ID to enter), discovered I'd lost mine. Student ID, that is. After some desperate thinking, I figured I'd left it at the library yesterday afternoon. No coffee unless in spill-proof containers in the library, so I had to take one last gulp and pour the rest out before entering. Double sigh.

I believe I need a refill now, before I meet my advisor.

No comments:

Post a Comment