Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Snow's Coming Down I'm Watching It Fall

Well, I was. Typically, the snow stopped after only a few hours.

Surprisingly, the Federal government remained open this morning. As I walked to work from the Metro station, I listened to the crunch of the snow under my boots, held my umbrella into the wind, and realized that, with a hat, I can conquer any weather. Hats make one invincible, I'm convinced.

Despite the fact that I abhor being cold, I do like snow. It muffles the sounds of the city, and distances one from the rest of the universe. Blanketing the streets, trees and buildings in white. Fewer cars on the road, fewer people walking the streets.

It also means that the workday is cut short. 3-5" predicted, and the office of DNS closed at 1300 to get people home safely, and as a result, I ended up with the afternoon off. I do love living in the mid-Atlantic, where locals freak out at the barest hint of snow or ice.

1 comment:

  1. Thats exactly why I live in Colorado. It (supposedly) snows all the time.
    -Ty

    ReplyDelete