Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hello, Newsies! What's New?

Ten points if you can reference that quote.

So I've been real lazy lately, which is why my last post was posted exactly two weeks ago. So here's a little update:

1. I needed new sheets, because my bamboo fiber/organic cotton ones are falling apart on me. This time, I did not buy organic. Or even sustainable. Nope, I went for the sale items.

2. HAPPY OBAMA!!! I didn't venture into DC because I hate crowds and cold weather, but saw an amazing inauguration and inauguration speech via television. Obama struck a very inspirational note, and I especially appreciated his appeal to the people, to get involved and take part in the fugure of change - change we can believe in.

3. It's still too, too cold. I've been spending far too much time indoors to avoid freezing. I must think of other alternatives.

4. The Caps, though playing a great game in my opinion, which I state as a new hockey fan, still learning the more detailed aspects of the game, gave up the game on a bad turnover followed by a very unwise penalty. Of course, I'm not attaching any blame - nobody's perfect, and if one was, one would be boring in the extreme.

5. The green in my life has not been a very bright, opaque shade of green lately. It's been more o a foggy, translucent green. Although, I have managed to keep all my houseplants alive and most of them healthy. I also still don't own a car, so I walk and take public transportation... but there have been no new efforts of late. Aside from #6, I suppose.

6. Lately I have taken to eating healthier, which includes doing my best to not ingest pesticides, and to eat more antioxidant-rich foods, and "superfruits" such as goji berries (not my favorite, though I'm sure they'd be alright in trail mix) and guava (no luck on that yet as Harris Teeter doesn't stock them).

No comments:

Post a Comment