Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome 2009!!

Happy New Year!

I had a great time last night, but must confess I didn't have fun as green-ly as I could have. What with the weather (Chicago/St Andrews style winds and cold, cold temperatures), high heels and a nice dress, I opted not to walk much - and took taxis instead. I did Metro in to the city, and shared my taxi with others, but in warmer weather I hope to walk/Metro more. Unless I forget to invest in lower-heeled shoes. Which could happen.

The first taxi ride involved much hilarity - we called two, and got them after some confusion ... but there were nine of us. Which made the second cab awkwardly full. Our driver, a character, muttered about getting into trouble for having four people squished uncomfortably into the back seat, and asked one of us to duck down. So three of us took turns, the guy maintaining that it would give the game away to have one guy in the back, then just girls, and then a guy again when he traded ducking positions with one of us girls. I laughed so hard I cried, and most likely smudged my oh-so-carefully-applied mascara.

New Year's Day I plan to spend home, watching plenty of sports on TV (two hockey games and soccer and the Rose Bowl!!) Maybe I'll walk to the grocery store, and maybe I'll starve... In all, a greener day in the transportation department.


No comments:

Post a Comment