Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Advent: Day 1(ish)

I am aware that December has not yet arrived. However, my countdown must start early as I have a Christmas event scheduled for Black Friday. No, it is not shopping. I vow never to be in any location that might be termed a "mall", whether strip or the regular kind, nor shall I ever be found in any kind of store, on Black Friday. I have a large, fiercely defended personal space sphere, and crowds make me irritable. As in, step-on-toes and elbow-nudge irritable.

No, on Friday evening, I have plans to go to the ballet! The second ballet I've been to as an adult, and specifically, this time I have tickets to see the Nutcracker at the Kennedy Center (playing Nov 24-29). Though not the first time I'll have seen the Nutcracker, it will be the first in so many years I can't remember much about the last time, except that my father started snoring halfway through.

I look forward to it with a great deal of anticipation - I love Tchaikovsky, he was brilliant, and the Nutcraker is one of my favorite suites. Not to mention the costumes, and the story, and getting to sit in good seats, to dress up in fancy evening clothes, and to down a small, overpriced glass of wine at the intermission... I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment