Monday, November 23, 2009

World Car Free Day - It Does Exist!

So here's an article I meant to post ages ago (and if I have, and I've forgotten, I apologize for the repeat but really I'm too lazy to go back through all my other posts to check).

Written by a columnist at the Washington Post, who comes to some interesting and sometimes obvious conclusions. Well, obvious to someone who doesn't own a car, at least... Anyway, here it is.

The only thing I'm not sure about, at least in Washington, DC, is whether or not it's cheaper to commute via public transportation, or via personal vehicle. I know Boston's T costs less for commuters than our Metro, and that sort of variation can make an enormous difference in how affordable public transportation is. Furthermore, I suppose it would depend on what kind of car one drove, and whether it qualifies as "green machine" or alternatively as "gas-guzzling monster".

No comments:

Post a Comment