Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving Anticipation

I think it's funny that after Thanksgiving, everyone generally feels as stuffed as the turkey that got roasted full of good things like bread and apples or rice and raisins. Turkey's revenge, perhaps?

No matter, I'm still looking forward to the cooking and the wine and the feasting and the wine, and of course the good company and the wine... Seriously though, sometimes Thanksgiving is even better than Christmas. I say sometimes because I have had one perfect Christmas, and it didn't occur the same year I went to the perfect Thanksgiving.

This time of year always brings back good memories of hosting my own feast, sometimes with a chicken (oven too small), sometimes at a friend's apartment (kitchen too small) while in Scotland. For three years I organized Thanksgiving dinners, because I couldn't bear to be away from home and not celebrate one of my favorite holidays. This year I'll be making biscuits, squash and a pumpkin tart I can't wait to try, because I've never made a tart before. If any of the recipes are successful, I may just share them here, if anyone is interested.

What could be more enjoyable than good food, good company and good wine? Not much, in my humble opinion. Though maybe in three months it is possible that I'll rate a beach, a cocktail, and and an umbrella higher on my list of "best things ever".

No comments:

Post a Comment