Wednesday, November 18, 2009

if I Only Had a Bicycle... A Tale of Tweed

Good day to you!

An event occurred last weekend in DC that I wish I'd joined. They call it a "tweed ride", a phenomenon that began in London and has since been seen in cities across the US, including San Francisco, Boston, Chicago and even Washington (DC, that is). Notably, excluded is the fashion capital, New York City. The essence of the "tweed ride"? Dandies (often) in tweed, cycling through city streets. The fashion evokes a jumble of eras, with riding boots, suspenders, tweed skirts, bowties and tie clips, and hats of all styles.

Read all about it! In Monday's WaPo article.

For those of you, like me, who missed the inaugural ride, and would love the opportunity to join in, there may be a next time! Look for news on the blogosphere before next spring and you may catch it. If I'm lucky, and remember, I'll put something up here before it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment