Thursday, September 18, 2008

Halfway to St Patricks Day? And Antibiotic Tissues?

Who knew? Not I. But apparently in the DC area, Halfway to St Patricks Day is a valid celebration. Or perhaps it's a marketing ploy disguised as a valid celebration, created to convince consumers of beer and other alcoholic beverages to go out and spend more of their money mid-week than perhaps they would normally. Usually I'm against these things, but this time I had a great night out, and snagged (through the footwork of a friend) a free green Washington Nationals Cap, which I was unable to purchase months ago when they had their "green" event.

On another, completely random note, what's the deal with antibiotic tissues? Sounds weird, doesn't it? They look weird, too, with little blue dots all over them that remind me of the microbeads in my shower gel. All these antibiotic products may seem great on the surface ("Kills 99.9% of germs!") but really, how true is that claim? More importantly, how quickly does that other tenth percent become Super Bug?

1 comment:

  1. I think any reason people can come up to celebrate is a valid one. People take themselves all together too seriously, so partying and enjoying the simple things in life (LIKE BEER!!) is always valid.

    ReplyDelete