Monday, June 7, 2010

Thoughts from Toronto

3 June 2010:

I love being in Toronto, vacationing by myself. Sure, it gets lonely sometimes, especially at dinner and in the evenings, when I (usually) have nothing to do. But I can visit the sites and places I want to, I can nap after lunch if I'm so inclined, and I can eat whatever for meals, including cheese with bread and apples at the hostel, or a slice of pizza by a fountain.

Vacation is always nice, because there are no immediate responsibilities. Except for catching the plane home, which I have struggled with before. It's not all idyllic for me this time, because I'm going to go home without a place to live in August, and I have other worries, but I have at least accomplished some things, and I know I like the city!! That's something.

I enjoy watching movies by myself, but it's even better to have someone to make faces and roll eyes at, and snort/giggle/gasp with.

Today I walked around the Annex, my preferred neighborhood for living, and a bit of Little Italy (which needs more exploring, I don't think I got to the heart of it) before my poor feet gave out. Then I came home, lunched, and napped. Ahh... Now I'm at the theater (my journal has that spelled - automatically - as theatre), waiting for Robin Hood to begin. With one other lady, also (so far) by herself.

I've just gotten back from the washroom and am now -- OH LOOK! It's starting!!

"Coming attractions are next. There is still time to visit the concession stand for refreshments." i.e. Spend your money here! Quick!!

That movie is So. Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment