Thursday, June 3, 2010

Toronto List #2

1. Souvenir: Fake straw fedora, $10. Was I supposed to haggle.... ??

2. Longest Conversation: Stopped by two very chatty Save the Children employees in Kensington Market. Will never stop to listen to them again.

3. Love: The streetcars. So easy and so much fun to ride!

4. Hate: The rain. Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Very glad I have my raincoat and sneakers.

5. Coffee Shop: The Green Grind, in Little Italy. Sustainable brews. Stopped in for a $2 double Americano, sat in a chair I want, was given part of the NYT by a fellow customer, and whiled away half an hour with the paper.

6. Worst Hot Chocolate: Coffee Zone, an emergency evening purchase that I regret.

7. Neatest Address: 859 1/2 Bathurst St.

8. Overheard on the Subway: "Toronto has two seasons: Winter, and Construction."

9. Latest and Greatest Book (and great for traveling and rainy evenings): Dracula, by Bram Stoker. No, it is NOT your typical stuffy classic. Instead, it's very well-written, very VERY suspenseful - and by that I mean, the author gives the reader tidbits of information that come into play later on, weaving the plot together... Did I mention it's creepy? It even gave me a bad dream. Delicious. And Riveting, in a page-turning way.

10. House-Hunting Status: Drawing a blank. I've decided this will be a vacation, as opposed to strictly house-hunting, which is pretty difficult when listings for August and September aren't up yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment