Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Dear Readers,

I know I've been absent for awhile. I thought I'd research for the next post I wrote, but have definitely not been motivated. Instead, I've been getting stuck into researching my family history. Luckily for me, through the Navy, I have free access to some websites that have US Federal Census records, as well as Draft Registration records from World War I ... it really is fascinating. I'm so interested, I'm re-thinking that thought I had about not being an historian when I grow up.

Autumn is definitely my favorite season of the year, but I just re-discovered the reason I don't like running in cold weather: the cold air burns the throat, and causes congestion to loosen. I survived, though, and even had a great, challenging run. The trees are beautiful in their red and orange and yellow coats, and my feet make soothing noises as they tread on the trees' lost leaves.

The greenest news I have is that I planted trees again this past Saturday, with
Casey Trees and some very lovely people. I enjoy it so much that it doesn't really matter that I have to get up at 7am on a Saturday morning, or take public transportation and walk to the site, which involved an hour each way last weekend. I think I might become a Citizen Forester, which is a person who knows enough to lead groups in the planting of trees. Apparently there's no commitment - they give you the training, and then they shoot you an email, "if you'd like to come out this Saturday..." which is my kind of commitment!

I'll work on that interesting topic I've been meaning to discuss.

That is all,
Your lazy blogger.

P.S. Another great man who
feels the way I do: "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things that matter." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment