Thursday, November 20, 2008

Space Heater Part 3

So I bought my space heater last night!! I'm very excited. I tried it out, and my room was 68 degrees Fahrenheit! Instead of the 55 it had been before I turned it on.

Started out at Home Depot, but they had a pretty pathetic selection, so on my cousin's suggestion we went to Target, luckily not that far away. Ended up with a Honeywell, with a digital display, and it oscillates, and it was inspected and tested by
Underwriters Laboratories, which I wanted in my space heater. It's reassuring to know that the heater has been tested for safety by a recommended laboratory. I won't go into it, but it had everything else I wanted, too, except maybe a remote control. How decadent would that have been.... Sigh.

Because space heaters make me nervous (and I know you're going to laugh when you read this) I also purchased a smoke detector for my room, a carbon monoxide detector (both of which I'll install this weekend) and.... a fire extinguisher! As my coworkers have just told me, Fire Marshal Bill and Smoky the Bear would be proud of me. Shiny.

2 comments:

  1. well hopefully your place is now safe. I'm glad you didn't spend $150 on the heater, but with all the other stuff you bought, I think you still ended up spending about that much.
    /sigh
    I guess being safe is its own reward.
    -Ty

    ReplyDelete
  2. True. Your guess is correct and yes. Safe is worth that much money and more. Like the amount of money I should be spending on renters' insurance, too...

    Did you read the reply I wrote about recycling?

    ReplyDelete