Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Speaking of...

Speaking of ... Driving, I'll be glad to give it up. Someone once made fun of me by guessing that I drive like a li'l ole granny, given I don't own a car and (used to) walk and Metro most places. Not so. Not so, at all. Tell you a secret: sometimes I'm a bit careless. I won't go into details, but that's one reason I'll be happy to be a pedestrian again.

Speaking of ... Work (to which I drive every day), tomorrow is my last day! To cover living expenses, etc., I signed on with a temp agency when I quit my job (I know, the economy, yada yada). My first placement, which has lasted the past six weeks, is about to end. I should be sad, or at least ... not looking forward to it, right? Because I'll stop getting those handy paychecks. But, between you and me, I can't help but be pleased. I mean, this means my mornings are mine again! That, in my opinion, is reason enough.

Speaking of ... Lack of Income, it's official (as soon as I pay my deposit): I'm on my way to the University of Toronto! Perhaps I'll keep record here of the process of making my way North. I'll try, at any rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment