Tuesday, April 27, 2010

One for the Annals

Take note, Tacitus.

I woke up this morning thinking it was just another day. Hah.

I think I've mentioned before I'm a temporary employee at the moment. Currently working on a part-time assignment (and loving the hours!) at a condominium. Answering phones, emails, giving out parking passes, and the like. Not the most intellectually or mentally stimulating job ever. In fact, I'd place it near the top of the list of Un-Fun Jobs. However, it means a paycheck every week.

I'm filling in for the manager, who's on leave. With a small staff of two, this leaves me in charge, and the building engineer. Fine. He's helpful, and so far I haven't made many mistakes.

Add a long-standing argument between the absent manager and the present engineer, and I end up in the middle. Hello, awkward and uncomfortable! Good seeing you.

Throw into the mix a righteous headache, and you've got all the ingredients for a Bad Day.

So I called the temp company (my real, direct employer) to get some advice, sorted the problem, and marched off to the nearest 7-11 to buy some Excedrin. Where someone lets me in front of him in line, and the cashier mentions that I don't look good. As I take my money and turn to leave, he tells me he hopes I feel better.

How's that for an invitation to go home? Only, I have to stay an extra hour and a half this afternoon. I'd grimace, but that would hurt my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment