Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Surprise!

I suppose I should have been worrying about not having a job after today, for an unspecified (yet likely short) amount of time. In reality, I got a call this afternoon, and already there's a position available. No! I mean, Yay!

Right. Instead of wondering about when I'd earn my next paycheck, I was planning my two free workdays. Fate moves in mysterious ways. I'm sure if I'd been worrying, nothing would have become available. Since I'd put together a mental list of everything I wanted to get done tomorrow and Friday, I get an opportunity.

I might complain, but I'm not one to close the door on opportunity (does anyone remember the Mr. Opportunity commercials for Toyota? "And I'm knocking!").

Does this qualify for an example of irony? If it's when the exact opposite of what you're expecting to happen, happens, I would say yes.

So I'm off to work again bright and early tomorrow. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment