Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Advent: Day 1

It's that time of year again, already. The first of December and the beginning of the countdown to Christmas! Last year, I was working, so had "plenty of" time to do exciting holiday things, like go see the Botanical Gardens' holiday show with the trains and the elves and the mountains covered in snow and the trees and whatnot (go, if you're in DC. It's incredible!). This year, since I'm a graduate student, I have less time to think about exciting holiday things and events and such.

So I started off in small scale. Tonight I listened to "Riu riu chiu," which is, from what I understand, a Medieval Christmas carol, and is also a Spanish traditional song. I haven't Wikipedia'd or Googled it yet, so obviously I don't know for sure. The Google link is extra, just another source with similar information to what's on the Wikipedia page. In case you're really curious about the origins of the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment