Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Advent, Day 14 and Katharine Hepburn

Well, I don't have much to report, actually. Concerning getting in the holiday spirit, that is. Every night I turn on my Christmas lights, and every day when I go out I've been walking in snow (Toronto appears to be a good place to be if you want to enjoy a white Christmas). Every now and then I listen to a few Christmas carols and songs... Here's a breakdown:


  • Day 11: The Christmas Market (so much fun, but not quite like the ones I went to in Italy), including mulled wine, loose-leaf tea, German sausages, a bells performance, Christmas lights and an enormous Christmas tree with ornaments the size of my head, and little wooden stalls full of treats and holiday decorations. 
  • Day 12: Christmas lights and Holiday with Katharine Hepburn and Cary Grant, which takes place over New Year's Eve (highly recommended). Hepburn is one of my favorite actresses (such style, talent and personality!) - here's an image of her in the black skirt and white shirt she wears so elegantly in the film.  
  • Day 13: Christmas songs and lights (and Black Swan, which is incredible and very highly recommended, but not holiday-related.
  • Day 14: Christmas songs, and I got a Christmas card! I have also resolved to send Christmas cards again this year. 
Well into my second year of my Paperless Advent Calendar of Events, I find I don't miss the paper at all. And I was never one to get advent calendars with chocolate in them (probably the 'rents thought sugar + kids + holiday = craziness and sugar/excitement highs), so I don't miss that either. Really, it's more fun to go and do Christmas-y things, than it is to fold back a small square of paper to reveal a story/picture/chocolate. 

The schedule for Day 15 includes ice skating and shopping for Christmas cards (not Green, I know, but there's no substitute), gifts and mulling spices + ball. 

No comments:

Post a Comment