Sunday, December 19, 2010

Advent, Day 19: Transition

Tomorrow I'm off home for the holidays, which is very exciting. I've been having a relaxing few days here, but the way things have been going I'd be very bored if I didn't have something else to look forward to! Not to mention I can't wait to see my family and all my friends back home, bake and eat cookies, decorate the Christmas tree and maybe even the house, drink mulled wine with people, see my cats... oh, so many things!

The past few days, as I mentioned, have been slow indeed. Nicely slow, but I've been doing laundry, cleaning, packing... the stuff I'd rather ignore for a bit longer (always). I've neglected the advent calendar a bit, but not entirely, as you can see from the list of activities below.

[This photo is one I took at the Christmas Market last weekend.]


Day 16: With the purchases I made on Day 15, I made mulled wine and enjoyed a whole bottle (it reduces, not to worry... one bottle makes about 2 mugsfull). While drinking mulled wine, I listened to a whole host of Christmas songs, carols and ballads, and wrote about 15 holiday cards. Sadly, my handwriting was terrible... I blame it on the pen.

Day 17: I enjoyed a good swim with a good friend in the early afternoon, after which we visited a Jewish bakery, got yummy sweets and posted my Christmas cards. Taxes here are awful (13%!!) but since I spent more than $5 (about three times that in fact), my purchases were exempt from said tax, which saved me $2. :P Huzza!

Day 18: Yesterday I spent most of the day doing laundry and cleaning. In a fit of restlessness I decided to do some stretching and exercising, and am paying for yesterday's whimsy with a sore back today. Nothing Christmas-y except the fairy lights.

Day 19: My plan is to do nothing more taxing than listening to some Christmas music under my fairy lights and possibly find a holiday movie online.

No comments:

Post a Comment