Sunday, August 31, 2008

Boston, Day 2: Various

So, the beach didn't happen. The skies threatened to rain, and the forecast was grey, so we didn't go. Turns out it was a pretty nice day throughout, and we probably would have been fine. There goes my last outdoor swim before Labor Day, I guess.

The highlights for Friday include the Nichols house, which was interesting but not fascinating. An average and slightly rambling tour that took us through a house built in 1808 (hence my interest) but was really about the last inhabitant, an eccentric old woman who lived in the 20th century. Which is definitely not as interesting as early 19th century history, IMO.


We first though, had brunch at Zaftig's, in Allston or thereabouts. Very good, worth a 20 minute wait, but definitely not worth an hour and a half wait. Try the challah french toast.

We walked around the beautiful Beacon Hill, and the Boston Common. Then we walked along Newbury St, where I managed to avoid emptying my bank account on merchandise I don't need and can't afford, and can't bring home either, due to limited suitcase space. Bravo me!

Later that night we went out, to the very touristy (it's on the Freedom Trail) Bell in Hand, where I watched Michigan Uni lose to Utah :( Followed by a unique party on a rooftop. I took pictures, but owing to my camera's automatic flash capabilities, can't be assured that any of them will come out. We left in time to take the T home, and that was that.

No comments:

Post a Comment