Friday, August 29, 2008

A Couple of Green Thoughts From Boston

First up: Transportation. I rode the 'Green' (how appropriate) line today, no mistakes or mishaps! The 'T' is very different from the Washington, DC Metro - similar to Chicago's 'El' in my opinion, though I've only ridden each of those a couple of times. The 'T' feels more like a trolley than a subway, but that's maybe only because the 'B' line is mostly above ground. Fun to ride, but hard to balance if there's no room to sit. Plenty of times I thought I'd pitch right into another unsuspecting passenger, but thankfully that never actually happened.

Secondly: Walked about 20 minutes this morning to find a local coffee shop where I could have breakfast, and ended up at one that advertised ice cream as well - the coffee wasn't bad, but what's the deal with coffee shops immediately offering throwaway cups even after you tell them you'd like to eat in? Not only that, but this particular coffee shop offered me my scone on a plastic plate. How many of those do they run through in a month, I wonder?

No comments:

Post a Comment