Sunday, August 31, 2008

Boston, Day 3: Or Rather, Topsfield

Today I was supposed to travel on the commuter rail from Boston to North Beverly. No go. I get to the station, and follow signs for "tickes". I wait in line, and find out that the ticket counters are only for buses, and the actual train station is in a different building. By this time, I'm cutting it short. I get to the train station, and I stand in line again, and just before I get to the only open counter, I realize I'm traveling north, and I'm at South Station. No biggie, I thought, I'll just get to North Station and take the next train. So I call my friend for a ride, but she doesn't pick up... so I call my family, to let them know I'll probably be a little late, having run into a tiny hitch in my travel plans. However, it turned out to be easier to take the T all the way to the end instead, and get a ride from there. So I had to find a map or a Person, who could explain to me the easiest way to get from the wrong station to North Station to North Beverly... My only recommendation for the MBTA is that they consolidate North and South Stations, so careless travelers such as myself don't make the mistake of going to the wrong one and end up missing their trains. Ah well. It all worked out.

I spent part of the afternoon lounging on a boat in Marblehead, which was incredibly enjoyable and relaxing. I recommend boating for stressed people. Seriously. We went on a little tour of the harbor, which was pleasant. We also looked at and commented on all the little, big and bigger boats on the water and the mansions on the shore. Evidently there's one house with a collection of Dutch Masters. Do you think if I ask nicely he'll give me a tour?

The last and possibly greatest news, is that I had Lobster!! Yes indeed, I had the most wonderful dinner that started with the sweetest, tastiest lobster I've had in a while. Mmmmm. Pretty soon I'll be a lobster-eating expert. I already know that 3-5 inches of water is considered fine for the pot when boiling them. And although we didn't race the lobsters tonight, there's no saying that tradition won't be reinstated in the near future. I think I'll start planning my next trip to Boston... ;)

Tomorrow is unfortunately my last day in Massachusetts, but I have great plans for that, too. Stand by.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to guess people who get sea sick will not concur with your stress relief advice =)

    ReplyDelete