Thursday, August 21, 2008

To Do: Nashville, TN

Unfortunately, I'm a late planner. So when other people know they're going on vacation from date x to date y several months in advance, I start looking at flights oh, the month before I'd like to go on vacation. For Boston it wasn't such a big deal. For Nashville at the end of September, it makes a huge difference.

So I'm planning my trip, which now involves not only the Metro and two flights each way, it also involves a
MARC train to BWI. Which could be fun, and only takes an extra half an hour. But it seems a bit ridiculous. Thank goodness it's also cheap.

Usually I prefer to take a POV to the airport, it being more comfortable and less reliant on my ability to leave and arrive in time to catch my flight. But in this case, it will fit in with my efforts to travel more by train, as a preferred method of (greener) public transportation. The MARC also, surprisingly, can travel to BWI faster than I can get there by car. So there are at least two advantages, plus the money I'll save by not traveling out of Reagan or Dulles airports.

Now I just have to make sure I can get there without any mishaps
.

No comments:

Post a Comment