Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Labor Day in Boston!

It's done. I'm going to Boston over Labor Day weekend. Traveling by train, for what is probably only the second time in my entire life. In the United States, that is. Trains are used much more frequently in Great Britain, where I spent four years, and I took many trips from St. Andrews to Edinburgh, just to go shopping and see castles. That trip, unlike the upcoming trip, only takes about an hour.

I'm quite excited. It will be good to bypass the traffic in Connecticut, which is always a pain when driving to New England. Unfortunately will be unable to stop at Rein's Deli, a traditional stop on family drives to visit relatives for Thanksgiving. On the other hand, if I remember to bring enough food with me, I will not have to buy snacks on the snack train, and can avoid wasting the excessive packaging used to protect and preserve sub-par snacks.

Definitely looking forward to that lobster.

No comments:

Post a Comment