Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Strange Encounters - Shaving in the Streets?

My morning commute consists of a 30-minute ride on the Metro, and then a 20-minute walk through DC. This is the case for a variety of reasons, including, a) I don't have a car, b) I like the exercise, considering how hard it is for me to find time to really exercise, c) traffic makes me get ugly, and d) I hate buses. Not to mention the 'green' advantage.

Yesterday, I crossed the street earlier than I usually do. As I was waiting for the light to change at a busy one-way intersection, I noticed (on the same corner I'd seen a woman in scandalously high yet currently trendy Roman sandals, twice in two days) a man holding a mirror... and a razor! I can now definitively say that I have seen a man shaving on a street corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment